Saturday, October 1, 2011

The Shimmy, Shake, and Booty Pop

       So here at the wonderful school of SPU, I have noticed many trends here. One of them being the shimmy, shake, and booty pop. What is the Shimmy, Shake, and Booty Pop? Well, let me explain my friend. Here on campus, you use a campus key card to get into just about any building. You swipe your card at a little black box that has a sensor and that will let you into the desired building. One thing that students have noticed here is that the little black box has a SUPER sensitive sensor.With that being said, many students like to place their key card in the oddest places in order to see if their card will still be read. I have witnessed people shimmy in front of the box, rub their butts against, hip bump it, and even a very odd in-air hip thrust. But of course, my favorite has been the booty pop. Ahaha some students here belong in a rap video the way they pop their butts at that box. It is so hilarious!

    So of course I cannot talk about this without sharing my own embarrassing experience. I used to have a plastic holder for my keycard, but that ripped. So I had to put my keycard in a place that I knew would never get lost; front pocket of my shirt it is. I thought this was genius until I walked into an elevator full of people and stood in the corner. Unbeknown to me, there was a little black box in the elevator that read key cards. Mind you that I am in an elevator full of people, when the keycard reader read my card which was located in the front pocket of my shirt. So everyone in the elevator heard the reader beep, not once, but twice and all at once all six heads turned and gave me a bewildered look. Then one of my friends asked me quite loudly, "JASMINE, Where the HECK do you have your card?!" ------_____------- A good minute of awkward silence followed after that as I wished that I had taken the stairs..... Needless to say, lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment