Monday, March 28, 2011

Let's Have a Hurrah for Trials! =D

Hola Bonita!!
OK so this post is a little bit difficult for me to write...but I think it is for the best if I do!
So today I received my first rejection letter...ouch I know! I knew it as soon as I saw the letter! The envelope was too tiny and it just did not feel right. And then I read that they appreciated that I sent in my application, but unfortunately they did not choose me to receive the scholarship. The scholarship that I applied to was the Ames Leadership Scholarship for Seattle Pacific University. I have to admit that a wave of sadness and a little bit despair came over me, but then this verse came to my mind.
 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.
-James 1: 2-6 NIV
So after it came to my mind (after I moped for a couple of minutes hehe) I looked it up and isn't it amazing?! First, we should consider it pure joy when we are faced with trials, conflicts, or rejection letters because faith produces perseverance! And then perseverance produces wholeness and maturity! Second, when you are going through these trials you can ask for wisdom and God will give it GENEROUSLY! So not only does He mature and complete us with trials BUT He also gives us wisdom to get through it! So He helps us as He is making us better! How great is God?!? And all we have to do is get through it and BELIEVE without a doubt! Crazy right?! So now I am excited because this scholarship is not what is best for me and God has something even BETTER for me! Wow! Maybe SPU is not the place for me after all and He wants me to go to Pepperdine. I have no clue. But yes so even though I do feel a little self conscious and maybe even a tinge of disappointment, I am glad that I have a God who loves me and is in the process of making me complete! :)
Pray for Me!
Te Amo <3
-Jazz

4 comments: