Thursday, June 14, 2012

Oye Guate!!

On the back of my old dorm room, I had this verse from Isaiah. The verse is Isaiah 6:8.

Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us? Then I said, Here am I! Send me.

Well, I basically said "send me Lord" and now I am in Guatemala and I will be here for 4 weeks.
There are a couple things that I can't believe 1. That it is not butter. ;) and 2. I am here in Guatemala. To say the least, the people that I have met are amazing. I love the people and kids that I have met so far and it is only day 1. Crazy. Pero, a mí, no me gusta la capital. There is not very much to the city except for the evidence of how a 36yr civil war can really mess up a country. It's hard to see the poverty and decay around here and know that most people will die in it. It is also aggrivating to see honest and good people having to scavage through a dump for leftovers trash while drug lords live like kings. The injusticia makes me want to cry.

I can honestly understand how Ché after seeing poverty and injusticia throughout South America became feuled with the desire to start a revolution. Am I a communist? By all means no, but I have a deeper understanding now of the roots behind the mission. (If that makes sense) Ahora, I am writing on my Kindle Fire in a comfy chair using WIFI. I am so blessed it makes me sick. Sometimes I can hardly think about this without crying. I think about my family in Mexico y en la Republica Dominicana y ahora en Guatemala and I wish that there was a way that I could give them my life, my opportunities, etc.

But I know what they truly need in life is something that I can't give but, cn only show with the same veracity that they've shown me. And that is Christ. The same God that is working and moving in my life, is doing the same in their lives. I have to trust and know that He has me and my extended family in His loving care. But this was one big ramble and I was sorting out my feelings as I was typing this out so I apologize for that. Tomorrow, I will write on what we have been up to in ole Guatemala, Pero por ahora all I have are my little jumbled thoughts. Dtb, Jazz

No comments:

Post a Comment