Thursday, March 17, 2011

日本のために祈る- Praying for Japan

I can not even imagine what they are feeling right now...As I sit here completely saddened and feeling helpless, I remember that I do have the power to make a change. This power comes from the One within me who is MORE than capable to make a difference. So as I sit here, I am doing the most powerful thing that I can do for Japan, I am sending my prayers up. Here is a poem that I found really powerful and a great insight into the situation...


The Haiku - We Are Thinking About You 

By Robert T Gasperson

First there's an earthquake
Then the ocean surges in.
Destroys everything

The ground should be still;
Something sturdy to stand on;
But not on this day.

The floor is moving.
It's shifting beneath my feet.
Can't keep my balance.

Shelves and cabinets
Are dropping all they can hold.
Then they fall over.

All the people brace
Trying not to be buried,
Hoping they don't die.

When the shaking stops
It takes a few moments for
People to come out.

Eyes slowly open
Fear burning deep within her
Tears flowing from him

Everything destroyed.
There is nothing left standing
'Cept maybe our pride.

It was not over.
Nature had one more surprise
For us to endure.

Everyone wide eyed
Watched as a wave crashed towards them
Washing them away.
Go online and find out how you can make a difference. A little effort goes a long way...
Te Amo
-Jazz

No comments:

Post a Comment